May 5, 2020
#GivingTuesdayNow is a new global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. Let’s unite as a community to support the Hugs for Brady children and their families who are battling cancer. Now more than ever we need your support; let’s make a difference together.
Ways You Can Give Now
Give money. It is so important that we are able to continue to support our community amidst this global pandemic. Caring for our Hugs for Brady their families as they battle not only cancer, but this new health threat as well is crucial and cannot be forgotten.
Set up a recurring donation$20 a month for the remainder of 2020 will help a desperate family in need with a child battling cancer buy groceries or pay bills.
Start a Fundraiser
It has never been easier to set up a fundraiser—especially with our partners at Everyday Hero or Facebook. Show your support for local nonprofits like Hugs for Brady, who despite COVID-19 are continuing to provide much-needed services to the community.Create a fundraiser as a family project and challenge your extended family to see who can raise the most. Make it fun and get everyone involved!
- Raise $1300 to purchase a Brady Buggy Wagon
- Raise $700 to provide one family with groceries for the rest of the year
- Bake your secret recipe, post photos on Facebook, and sell your recipe for a $10 donation to HFB
Getting started is EASY!
- Create – Give a few details to create your fundraising page.
- Personalize – Add a photo of yourself and share your personal story to help others to connect with your cause.
- Share – Share your fundraiser to inspire donations and support from family, friends, and colleagues.
Start an Everyday Hero Fundraiser
Join A Fundraiser In Progress
Volunteering can be extremely rewarding and your extra time could mean everything to a child. Giving isn’t just about the money… it’s giving your time, your voice, your energy, and your heart. We appreciate ANY effort you give to help the lives of children battling cancer. You can even volunteer from home by:
- Calling, texting, or emailing (requesting sponsorships, Brady Buggy program, assisting hospitals in need)
- Researching (grants, prospects, donation avenues)
Volunteer from your living room and you can help secure financial support for children battling cancer and their families. Every single minute you donate is very much appreciated!
Share Our Message
We know times are tough for many right now. We know that many of you want to help, but simply cannot afford to do so. The good news is that you can still make an impact. Even if you are unable to give financially at this time, you can help be a voice for children battling cancer.
You can spread our message across social media by tagging @HugsforBrady and using the hashtag #GivingTuesdayNow. Create and share your own posts and tag us, AND be sure to like, comment, and share our posts. The power of social media is amazing—help us use it!
Shop through AmazonSmile
Ordering a lot through Amazon lately? Did you know your shopping could help children fighting cancer? It requires no money from you, just a few minutes to link your current Amazon account to the Hugs for Brady Foundation via AmazonSmile. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Hugs for Brady—it’s that simple, so start shopping!
How to Start
- Go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device and log in using your existing Amazon account.
- You will be directed to a page to search for your charity of choice. Under the heading “Or pick your own charitable organization” enter “Hugs for Brady” then click “Search” and select “Hugs for Brady Foundation” (located in Kendall Park, NJ).
- Add smile.amazon.com to your bookmarks and use it every time you shop—you should see “supporting Hugs for Brady Foundation” below the search button.
Give Your Kindness
Kids battling cancer are at a huge risk right now….The need is great, the needs are real, the needs are all around you. Your support goes directly to helping children battling cancer and we cannot thank you enough for your efforts to help Hugs for Brady families.
We know it is hard right now; you too may be struggling. Perhaps you cannot give directly in the ways we have asked, but we can all make an impact. We can all give kindness. Continue to seek little ways to spread that kindness to others. Continue to spread messages of love and hope. Continue the spirit of #GivingTuesday each and every day so that we may come together for a better tomorrow.