The rappel for our Over the Edge event has been cancelled, but we are still asking you to jump into action and make a donation!
THANK YOU to our volunteers, donors, and supporters—even though you aren’t going Over the Edge, you are still Superheroes to us!
As an organization, we’re dedicated to making a HUGE impact on the lives of children battling cancer. Therefore, we have made the decision to extend this fundraising campaign so that even though the rappel is cancelled, we still have the opportunity to make a powerful impact on our young superheroes that are fighting cancer.
We hope that you are able to join us and contribute to create something beautiful out of the awful events happening across the nation.
If you’re ready to to donate to our Over the Edge campaign, please visit our donation page.
Join Hugs for Brady in our Over The Edge Campaign to help find a cure! Hugs for Brady has raised over $5 MILLION to support children battling cancer. We are raising funds to support families and children who are battling childhood cancer as well as to continue our commitment to the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey’s first ever Pediatric Research Laboratory to find a CURE for childhood cancers.
Tips on Getting started
- Start Early! It may seem like you have all the time in the world to fundraise, but event day will be here before you know it! The sooner you start fundraising, the more money you will raise and the sooner you will reach your goal. Remember, as soon as you reach your goal, you will be able to choose your fundraising time and officially make it onto the event schedule!
- Create an Email Schedule! To make sure you are reaching out to your potential donors consistently, create an email schedule with specific dates and diverse content. Switch up your messaging so your potential donors are not receiving the same ask repeatedly. Here are some suggested topics for your emails:
- Provide mission-related bits of information to add to your emails. This keeps your potential donors updated on WHY you are doing this and how it is helping.
- Include updates on where you are in the fundraising process and how much more you need to reach your goal.
- Include pictures and videos from Over the Edge – download here!
- Get Help from Your Support System! If your friends and colleagues are not able to donate, that’s OK! There are other things they can do to help you reach your goal. Ask them to share your fundraising page on social media, provide them with “info cards” about the event that includes your fundraising page and ask that they distribute it, and ask them to reach out to the people in their lives that may have a connection to the mission and would consider donating.
- Make a Video! Instead of writing post after post on social media, make a video detailing what you are doing and why. Most viewers will watch a video before they will read a post. It is easier to communicate the mission of the non-profit you are supporting when you are speaking about it – the video makes it more personal.
- Use Your Community Connections! Get something donated from a business in your community (gift certificate, swag bag, service, etc.), and create a “raise-a-thon” week! In your email and on social media use wording like this: “Everyone who donates to me this week will be entered in a drawing to win XX”. At the end of the week, get someone to take a video of you drawing a name, and post it! That person wins something, and you’ve raised some extra money!