The loss of a child to cancer is one of the worst tragedies a family can face. Brady died at 23 months from non-differentiated acute leukemia. Brady bravely battled the disease for ten months.
Every year, thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer in the United States. Sherrie and Michael Wells started the Hugs for Brady Foundation to HELP END pediatric cancer for good!
The Hugs for Brady Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation. All donations are 100% tax deductible. The Hugs for Brady Foundation has over 500 volunteers and only one part time administrative assistant staff member. 96% of every dollar raised by the Hugs for Brady Foundation goes directly towards…
- Funding advanced Cancer Research at centers such as The Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- Special projects such as funding the region’s first sedation-free MRI project at New York Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
- Helping families defray the costs of cancer treatment for their sick children
- Providing computers, TV’s, furniture and video games for children at oncology units like the Robert Wood Johnson Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital’s Hematology/Oncology
- Organizing Life-Saving Blood Drives